BRAISED GALANGAL CHICKEN (Simplified version)
(Fast and easy. Suitable for kids and rushing mummy)
5 pcs Chicken thigh (debone and cut into cubes)
20 gms Galangal (Lengkuas) – Thinly sliced
2 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Water ( or enough to cover the chicken)
1 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce (Cheong Chan brand)
1 tsp Salt
- Fry sliced galangal in a little oil until fragrant.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar and stir until sugar caramelized
- Add in 1 cup of water
- Add in 1 tbsp of Dark Soya Sauce
- Add in 1 tsp of salt and mix
- Then put in the chicken cubes. Ensure water is enough to cover chicken if not, just add until water covers the chicken.
- Cover the wok to let it simmer turning the chicken cubes to coat chicken evenly.
- When gravy is thick and chicken is done, remove and serve hot.