6 eggs (Grade A) / 8 Grade C
10 oz (315 gm) sugar | 200gms Sugar if you want it to be less sweet
3 tbs water
6 oz (185 gm) plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essense
METHOD (using Kitchen Aid)
- Separate egg yolks from whites.
- Beat egg whites till stiff peaks and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar. Add in water. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add baking powder and sifted flour to egg yolk mixture. Mix well.
- Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
- Fold egg white into batter.
- Pour batter into cake tins.
- Steam at 100°C to 120° for 30 – 45 mins.
- Leave it to cool or serve warm.