CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1 1/2 cups (339 gm) Unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (100gm) unsweetened cocoa powder
5 cups (550gm) confectionary / Icing sugar
1/2 cup (120gm) milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp instant espresso powder (optional but this brings out the chocolate taste)
DIRECTIONS – Stand mixer – Whisk
- Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add cocoa powder and whisk it thoroughly until there are no lumps.
- Sieve icing sugar and add sugar and milk to cocoa mixture by adding 1 cup of sugar followed by 1 tsp of milk. Whisk using high speed.
- Repeat until all sugar and milk have been added and is smooth in consistency.
- Add in vanilla extract and instant espresso powder and mix well.
- If frosting appears too wet or does not hold its form, add more confectionary/Icing sugar. If frosting appears too dry, add more milk, a tsp at a time.
- Once done, you may keep it in the fridge or spread it on top of the cooled cake.