350 gm superfine flour
285 gm butter
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1. Sift the flour and add salt. Mix well.
2. Use a fork or fingertips mixed butter into the flour until it looked like breadcrumbs.
3. Add egg yolks and vanilla essence, continue to combine the flour into a dough. (Tip: The fork and fingertip technique is what makes the pastry special)
4. Divide dough into 200 gm and store it in the fridge to chill for at least 15 minutes.
5. Lightly dust the table top and roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Use the pineapple tart mould to cut the tart and place it on the baking tray.
7. Place 9gms of pineapple jam in the center of each tart, smoothen the jam and decorate the tart with strips of pastry to make criss-cross.
8. Brush the tart with egg wash and bake at 160 C or 325F for 20 mins