1. Cut the pineapple skin and remove eyes. Grate the pineapple into pulp.
2. Heat a pan, and add the grated pineapple and let it simmer.
3. Add sugar, cinnamon stick, and star anise. Cook the pineapple on medium heat,
continue stirring until the mixture thickened.
4. Remove cinnamon stick and star anise. Transfer to a jar and allow it to cool completely.
5. To prepare for pineapple tart, weigh 9gms and mould it into a ball with damp hands (wet hands so that jam won’t be so sticky). Set aside or in the fridge.