(Recipe given and adapted by my friend, Ms. Tan)
Serving Size : 24 cookies Preparation Time : 15mins Baking Time : 30 mins
115 gms butter 125 gms light brown sugar 1 Large eggs 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 95 gms all purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking soda (*use baking power if you want it crunchy) 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional) 1/4 tsp salt 120 gms rolled oats 120 gms raisins (I use cranberries) 65 gms walnuts
- In a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter.
- Add in egg and vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients; flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon altogether.
- Add dry ingredients into the batter and mix.
- Add in oats, raisins and walnuts and mix until all combine. Best to use hand at this point.
- Preheat oven at 175 C.
- Scoop cookies unto a lined baking tray with either an ice cream scoop or using a spoon. Size of scoop should be around 2 inches in diameter. Adjust if you like it bigger.
- Cookies should be about 2 inches apart so that it allows them to expand without touching each other.
- Bake them for 15mins (might differ depending on your own oven).