Preparation : 20 mins Cooking Time : 30mins Serve : 4 to 6 pax Recipe : By Mama KebayaKitchen
300 gms Tenggiri / Senangin Fish 1/2 bowl shallots - cut strips 3 pip garlic - cut strip 2 stalk curry leaves 1 inch ginger 2 tsp biji halba (yellow) fenugreek I tsp biji sawi 3 tbsp fish curry powder ( sakthy)/Burung 2 tbsp tamarind mix 3/4 cup water 100 ml santan 6 to 8 pcs of ladys finger 1 tsp salt 2 tsp sugar
- In low fire, fry lady’s finger without oil until dark green and rub with a pinch of salt to get rid of stickiness.
- Fry fish slightly in oil. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil and fry biji sawi and fenugreek seed until fragrant.
- Add sliced onions, garlic & ginger.
- Add curry leaves and fry till fragrant.
- Add curry powder & fry, it it is too dry add in oil(quite a lot). fry until mixture is well coated and fragrant.
- Transfer to glass pot (not aluminium as tamarind will cause pan to have holes – this is what they claim)
- Sieve tamarind water into the pot and stir.
- Add in ladys finger and boil.
- Add in salt & sugar and taste. Add more if need.
- Lastly, add in fish and santan and boil.
- Leave it to rest until time to serve. Serve it hot.