(A) - To Blend 8 small red onion 5 pips garlic 1 inch tumeric (remove skin) 2 inches ginger (remove skin) 4 candle nut (Buah Keras) - soak to soften then scrape skin (B) - spices 1 cinnamon stick (kayu manis) 1 star anis 2 stalk curry leave 1 Lemon grass (serai) - 3inches stem only. Bruised. 1 tsp black mustard seen (biji sawi) Others 1 chicken (cut into small pieces) 4 potatoes (cubed) 3 tbsp curry powder 200gm coconut milk salt and sugar to taste water to cover half the chicken
- Blend (A) into a thick paste. Add a little water to easy blending.
- In a hot pan, add at least 3 tbsp vegetable oil. Add in (A) and fry. Lower heat to medium, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Add in (B) and continue frying (tumis) until fragrant.
- Add chicken and potatoes. Mix well.
- Add in curry powder and mix well.
- Add water to cover half the chicken.
- Let it bowl the add sugar and salt to taste.
- Simmer slowly until chicken is cooked thoroughly and potatoes are soft.
- Add in coconut milk then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.