Preparation : 20 mins
Baking Time : 60 - 75 minutes at 170C
Size : 9" x 5" loaf tin
INGREDIENTS – POUND CAKE
225gms unsalted butter (cooler than room temperature)
1 tbsp lemon zest (the zest of 1 lemon)
5 large eggs (almost room temperature)
80ml sour cream
8ml vanilla extract
150gms all purpose flour
65gms cake flour
1/2 tsp salt
INGREDIENTS – LEMON DRIZZLE
3 tbsp (45ml) Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tbsp (30ml) water
1/3 cups (70gms) sugar
INGREDIENTS – LEMON GLAZE
1 cup Icing sugar / confectionary sugar
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (add if necessary depending on consistency)
METHOD – POUND CAKE
- Preheat over to 170C.
- Grease 9″x5″ baking tin.
- Using a stand mixer, cream Butter, sugar and lemon zest for 8 minutes stopping in between to scrape down the sides. Cream until pale and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time.
- Add in vanilla essence.
- Add in sour cream and mix well.
- Sieve in all purpose flour, cake flour, salt then mix well.
- Pour into baking tin and bake for 60minutes at 170C.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- For the topping, choose either drizzle or glaze method.
- Cool completely if you want to top it with lemon glaze (recipe below)
- Cool for about 15mins if you choose to top it with drizzle.
- For drizzle, polk holes on top of the cake and brush drizzle over. Then let it cool completely.
- Mix lemon juice, sugar and water until all combined.
- Drizzle on top of the cake ensuring that your fill all the holes with the lemon drizzle.
- Mix icing sugar and lemon juice until all combined and drizzle on top of pound cake when it is cooled.