Melt-in-your-mouth German Butter Cookies
Preparation : 20mins
Bake : 15mins
Yeild : 80 small pieces or 6 slightly larger
250gm unsalted butter
250gm potato starch
160gm plain flour
80gm icing sugar (sifted)
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
1. Beat butter and icing sugar until pale white and fluffy in a mixer.
2. Add in vanilla essence but this is optional.
3. Sift potato starch and plain flour into the mixture and mix on medium speed until all combined.
4. Roll mixture into small balls (diameter of 1.5cm or 2cm)
5. Use a fork to press lightly creating an indent (dip fork in water after each press to avoid cookie dough from sticking to the fork or wipe after ever press)
6. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 15 mins. Cookies need not be too brown. Faint brown will do.