300g fresh rice noodles (hor fun)
150g beef fillet, thinly sliced across the grains
5 cm knob of ginger, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 spring onions, cut into 6 cm lengths
500 ml of stock
1 tbs of light soy
1/2 tbs of dark soy
1 tbs of oyster sauce
dash of sesame oil
dash of Chinese cooking wine
white pepper to taste
tapioca flour solution / cornflour solution
1 egg white, lightly beaten
PREP – Marinate Beef (at least 30mins)
1 tbsp Sho Xing wine
1 tbsp Oyster cause
2 tsp light soya sauce
2 dashes of white pepper
1 tbsp cornflour
METHOD – Fry Kueh Teow
- Fry kueh teow in high heat until charred.
- Add 1 tbsp light soya, 1 tbsp sho xing wine and dark soy.
- Remove and set aside
- Fry ginger slices until fragrant
- Add in white portion of spring onion and garlic. Fry till fragrant.
- Add in marinated Beef slices
- When cooked, add in chicken stock
- When simmering, add in fried keuh teow
- Throw in balance spring onion
- Add in cornflour solution until thickens
- Drizzle in beated egg
- Serve hot!