400g Pork Belly (may also have pork shoulders or replace with beef or chicken)
2 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoon of Dark Soy Sauce
3 slices of Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon of 5 Spice Powder
1 Star Anise
10g of Rock Sugar
1 whole Garlic
4 Boiled eggs
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Water enough to cover the pork (about 2 to 3 cups)
- Cube pork. Remove skin and fats if you want it less fat.
- Mix soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and water.
- Place pork into a pot with sauces. Ensure water covers the pork.
- Throw in whole garlic (washed clean), ginger, star anise, cinnamon sticks, rock sugar and 5-spice powder.
- Leave it to boil. While that is boiling, you may want to boil your half boiled eggs and peel them when done.
- Add in boiled eggs, sugar and salt to taste.
- Leave it to boil till sauce is thick and caramelized.
- Serve hot with rice!