2 Eggs 3 Prawns * 3 pieces (1 inch cube) chicken fillets * 40ml Shiro dashi (buy from Japanese grocer) 250ml water 3 chawan mushi cups (depending on size, you can get them from Daiso) * You may add alternative ingredients like enoki mushrooms, scallops, etc.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Try not to beat till it is too foamy.
- Add water and shiro dashi in the mixture and mix well.
- Sieve the mixture (remove any foam and egg sediments) into jug for easy pouring.
- Put in your prawns, chicken fillet (or any other alternative) into the chawanmushi cup.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cup leaving 1cm. Do not pour until the brim.
- Cover the cup with the lid and place it in a steamer.
- Steam for 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove cups and serve immediately.